Liberals Complain about the Overreach of Government
Robert Redford who has sung the praises of liberal causes most of his adult life recently (2005) had the good fortune to sell his share of the Sundance Channel. I don’t know the details but I hope he made a ton of money from the sale. The free market economy loves when a business is successful and really loves it when the creator or investor tries to cash in on the success of their investment or their business. A successful investment or business usually means people are working and earning a steady paycheck, it also means the economy is stimulated the right way.
Robert Redford is so upset with the state of New York he has initiated a lawsuit.
With regard to the details of the suit, The Hollywood Reporter states the following:
The lawsuit deals with the nuances of an “S corporation,” which aren’t owned by a large amount of stockholders but rather are closely held with profits passing to individual owners. These owners, in turn, report profits and losses on their own individual income tax. Redford says he did that on his own personal tax returns in Utah from 2005. Now, he’s concerned about double taxation if forced to account for the passive S Corporation that once controlled Sundance Channel. Redford’s complaint paints his corporate assets as not holding “any property, payroll or receipts, located in or deemed attributable to the conduct of a trade or business in New York.
New York is taxing the Mr. Redford $845,066 in taxes plus $727,404 in interest owed. He lives in Utah, and he already paid the interest owed to his home state and believes he owes New York nothing.
New York is guilty of over reach and takes a very aggressive approach in tax collecting. New York always takes an aggressive approach to taxes, because they can’t stop taking an aggressive approach to spending and misspending what tax revenues they collect without lawsuits and the objections of tax payers.
Let me state the obvious:
• Governments will go to great lengths to stick their hand on our pockets and take part of our success.
• Governments will spend more than they receive and NEVER consider that a problem.
• Liberals will always focus on the good intentions of their bleeding hears and never consider the consequences of their good intentions.
• When you offer a free ride to the masses that genuinely need the help you will open the door to those who don’t need the help to make you help them too.
• There is no free lunch. When you are invited to a free lunch someone pays for it. When your entire political philosophy consists of a lot of free lunches someone is paying for them.
• Taxpayers are forced to pay for the free stuff that elected empty suits promise the low information voters to earn their votes.
• Shallow minded elected empty suits will grasp at any shiny object that can pay for the free stuff that they promised the voters.
• Governments can’t survive on the success they confiscate from Conservatives alone. Successful Liberals must be vandalized and robbed by government too.