Redistribution of Wealth and the Voter
Not enough people are paying taxes. Too many people who do not pay taxes get a check from the government. Too much money is being spent to buy the affection of some voters. Politicians who cannot offer voters integrity, results, or consistency will hand out free stuff such as food stamps, college loans, lifelong support as a professional dependent, and free medical care to name a few.
Government was never intended to be Santa Claus. Public Servants in elected office were expected to provide public service, demonstrate integrity, to be consistent in their views and opinions, to be faithful to their spouse, and be responsible with public funds. Think about it and try to name one. Keep thinking it’s possible one exists, and if you do find one, I’ll show 100 who failed to meet that standard.
The public piggy bank is being used to buy votes by giving voters free stuff. This equation is made up of several kinds of people, voters who get free stuff from the government but don’t have to pay taxes because their income is too low, voters who do not get free stuff from the government but pay taxes, Ethically challenged elected officials who continuously vote to provide free stuff to help the little guy and buy their votes.
The voter who pays taxes and gets nothing in return is everyone’s punching bag. That voter is despised and vilified for their success and income. Many believe that their income and success are excessive and should be used to pay for the free stuff the ethically challenged elected officials are buying for the voter who does not pay taxes but receives free stuff.
We have created an environment where government is punishing success and rewarding failure. They talk of creating a level playing field. The goal is to take from successful voters and give to less successful voters in the form of free stuff. The makers make it all and the takers take it all, they are actually taking more than all. We are clearly spending far more than we are taking in as tax revenue.
We are very close to the tipping point. We know that 47% of tax payers do not pay taxes and many even get a check. That leaves 53% of tax payers paying and not getting free stuff. Voters are voting to continue to get free stuff, the votes from the taxpayers who are making the money and having it confiscated by government are not voting loud enough to get to keep more of their money.
No one cares about the tax payer. They keep talking about fairness, but no one challenges the politician on how fairness is defined. How fair it is to continually tax people higher and higher rates while spending in ways the Constitution never intended government to spend. At the same time giving away free stuff that the government can’t afford and creating a massive debt in the process.
The condition that exists today is government sanctioned highway robbery. Ethically challenged elected empty suits are offering free stuff to voters who will vote once, twice, three times for free stuff. Voters who pay taxes will only vote one time, won’t play funny games with early voting and absentee ballots, and aren’t voting for the right candidates.
Voters voting for free stuff are voting in numbers greater than voters who pay taxes. The voters are telling government to go to the people who work hard and earn a decent income and take their money and give it to me so I don’t have to work as hard or even work at all.
Elected empty suits using fairness as an excuse are mugging the makers and giving their money to the takers. Someone please kiss me because I just experienced some unwanted unlawful carnal knowledge. I feel cheap dirty and used.
The makers have to start voting for the right kind of Public Servants who will lower taxes and stop spending money that we don’t have. Government has got to take their hands out of our pockets and teaching taxpayers it’s OK to be dependent on the government. The government was never intended to take care of those who fail to take care of themselves. The government is not spending their money which is wide open for fraud and abuse, they are spending our money and they are NOT doing a good job.